Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Books for Recreation?
























I know kids, I am as shocked as you are that books can be considered entertaining. No I'm not talking about the penthouse forum. Today we bring you Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk(yes the author of Fight Club). This book is amazing, beyond the fact that its got a really great plot about a survivor of a former cult society and his reaction with modern day society which leads to his suicide. No its not really sad or overly serious, yes I know suicide is not something to laugh at, but don't worry you won't laugh out loud, just inside. But seriously this is 1 of 3 books I have actually read more than once and am currently reading right now to help pass the time while I'm at work. No I'm not reading it right now, I'm busy typing on this blog.

As an interesting side not this book was sanctioned to be made into a movie, but its plot dealing with a plane and hostages and hijacking said plane has been seen as unmake-able since that whole 9/11 thing.

1 comment:

R*G*B* said...

OOooooh... Ooooooh...

I'm scared of 9-11 and the crazy hi-jackers... ooooh... how can I ever go to work again without those buildings in the skyline...

aaaaaaaaaaaaah... Noooooo... lets not face a horrible tragedy... lets bury it in the closet... along with that homosexual experimentation memory from college... oooooh oooooooh...

What's it going to take to get America over this 9-11 thing...? A coloring book about that day...? I'll do it... I'll make one... you just watch me!